For expatriate married women living and working in Dubai especially those earning less than 10,000 dirhams salary per month and whose job description is not allowed to apply for visas for their family, sponsoring their children has never been easy until the recent changes in Dubai immigration rules that took effect mid of 2019 this year.
The rule now allows any UAE resident (those who have a valid employment visa) male or FEMALE can now sponsor family members provided that he or she earns a monthly salary of AED 4000 or AED 3000 plus accommodation according to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
Back in the day, when I tried to sponsor my husband, my experience was completely different. You can read about it here.
Just this month, a friend of mine applied for her children's visa in Dubai. It was approved, and the visa was issued and stamped on her children's passports. We shared below the documents required and the step-by-step process on how to do it.
We hope this can help you in getting the residence visa for your children done smoothly. Please feel free to ask questions or share with our readers your own experience in the comment box below.
1. Passport copy of the child/children
2. Passport copy of the sponsoring parent this case the mother
3. 1 photo passport size white background
4. Attested child birth certificate in Arabic
5. Sponsor's salary certificate in Arabic
6. Ejari Tenancy Contract
7. No Objection Letter issued by the father to the wife sponsoring her children. Must be notarized by Dubai Courts in Wafi Mall.
8. Family Status file at Dubai Immigration (Open a new file if you don't have one)
9. Father's Emirates ID Copy (front and back)
10. If the father recently lost his job, copy of his visa cancellation paper (if applicable)
11. Medical Insurance for the children (will not be required until visa stamping)
Fees per child
1. Application for an entry permit at authorized typing center - AED 1,250
2. Change Status - AED 680
3. Visa Stamping to the passport - AED 650
4. Emirates ID 3 years - AED 370 OR 2 years AED 270
5. Translation of Birth Certificate from English to Arabic - AED 160
6. Typing of NOC - AED 50
7. NOC notarization at Dubai Courts - AED 367.25
8. Family file opening at Dubai Immigration - done by typing office - AED 250
Total: AED 3, 777.25
Step-by-step procedure for applying for your children's residence visa in Dubai (The child/children are inside the country in this case)
1. Submit a complete set of documents at the authorized typing center for the typing of the Entry permit.
2. Pay corresponding fees
3. Wait for the text message from Dubai Immigration saying the entry permit has been approved (1-2 days)
4. The typing center will give you a copy of the approved entry permit.
5. They will also be the ones to submit a request for a change in status.
6. Once the change of status is done, submit the original passport to the typing center to process the visa stamping in the passport. This time the medical insurance will be asked for.
7. In Every transaction, the original Emirates ID of the sponsor (in this case the mother) is required.
8. Please note that Emirates ID will also be applied during the visa stamping.
9. Collect your passport once the visa is stamped and you're done.
Now for the other part on How to Obtain and Notarize the NOC from Dubai Courts in Wafi Mall
1. Go to an authorized typing center and have the Arabic NOC letter typed. It should say in the letter that the father has no objection to the mother to sponsor their child/children
2. Take the typed letter to Dubai Courts in Wafi Mall
Wafi Mall, 1st Floor
8 AM to 8 PM
04- 370 6037
3. Take a token and wait to be called. Father's personal appearance is required since he will be signing the NOC in front of the lawyer who will witness and notarize the NOC.
4. Present the original passport as proof of identity
5. Present all documents in 2 copies (NOC to be signed, passport copy of the child/children, passport copy of the father, and, passport copy of the mother as well as the Arabic birth certificate)
6. You will get the document at the same time.
How to Open Family File at Dubai Immigration - this will be done by the authorized typing center for you.
Disclaimer: Please note that UAE Immigration rules may change from time to time. Stay up to date and follow the news in leading news agencies for announcements from the government.